Last night, I attended an entertaining talk by Uncle Bob Martin at the Schaumburg .NET Users Group. Before his talk, a few attendees announced a few upcoming events. However, there are many more events in 2015, so I got permission from the event organizers to tell the crowd about the events coming up that I had recently researched for PSC’s marketing and recruiting departments.
- Feb 18 – Next ALM UG meeting – http://chicagoalmug.org/
- Feb 20-21 – Chicago WebConf 2015 – http://www.chicagowebconf.org/
- Feb 23 – CSPUG – the Chicago SharePoint Users Group – February meeting. Still in the planning phase as I write this. See CSPUG.com for details.
- April 18 – Mobile Camp Chicago – http://chicagocamps.org/events/2015/mobile-camp/
- April 18 – Chicago Code Camp – http://chicagocodecamp.com/
- April 29-May 1 – Microsoft Build – San Francisco – http://www.buildwindows.com/
- May 2 – Chicago’s Next Hackathon – http://chicagosnext.com/
- May 4-8 – Microsof Ignite – Microsoft’s premier technical education event, combining several previous event brands, including TechEd and SharePoint Conference. http://ignite.microsoft.com/
- May 11-12 – GoToCon – http://gotocon.com/chicago-2015
- May 14-15 – Chicago Coder Conference – http://chicagocoderconference.com/
- May 14-15 – MVP Virtual Conference – http://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualconference-agenda.aspx
May 30 – SharePoint Saturday Chicago Suburbs – http://www.spschicagosuburbs.com/Postponed. See “Addicted to SharePoint” in my post about events in the second half of the year.
- June 6 – UX Camp – http://chicagocamps.org/events/2015/ux-camp/
- June 17-18 – SPBiz – http://www.spbizconf.com/
- June 22-28 – TechWeek Chicago – http://techweek.com/chicago/
- June 30 – Chicago Visual Studio Application Lifecycle Management UG – http://chicagoalmug.org
That covers the first half of the year, which is plenty for now. If you know of IT events that I missed that are of interest to Chicagoland IT folks, please leave them in the comments.
Updated 2/17/2015: Added SPBiz.
Updated 4/3/2015: Added MVP Virtual Conference
Update 4/17/2015: SPS Chicago Suburbs will not be May 30th.
Update 5/17/2015: “H1” added to post title to be consistent with the title of this post’s sequel. SPBiz dates corrected from just June 17 to June 17 & 18.
Update 6/19/2015: Added June 30th Chicago Visual Studio ALM UG meeting
For events for the second half of 2015, see this post.